Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

Thumbs up to Joel at JD Transmissions :)

Started by Imtorqing · 10 Aug 2010 · 4 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

ImtorqingArchived member
Guy's, I just thought I would give a massive thumbs up to Joel at JD Transmissions @ Cleveland. I met Joel years ago during a payment and parts exchange with Whitey at Mt Cotton. Back then Whitey was singing his praises but I didn't get around to buying an auto for my VL as it was sold shortly afterwards. I then moved onto my current ride which is my R33 GTST. Over the past couple of years I've been umming and ahhhing about getting an Auto for it but that's about as far as it got. As my car is my daily I didn't really want to go a Glide so I called Joel for some advice and before you knew it plans were made for a 4 Speed 300ZX box to slot in place of the 5 speed. My car has a 26/30 in it with a Garrett 42R on top (Previously had 580@ wheels) and as such requires a 5 grand Converter in it(The Converter Shop Converter). Anyway Joel gave me a quote and I dropped my car off. He took care of the whole manual to auto conversion for me(He sourced everything) and I just picked it up today. Unfortunately it was raining today so driving it under boost in any gear was just kicking my car sideways and generally scaring the sh!t out of other drivers so I haven't had a chance to see it really hook up. (They reckon rain all week (yey)). Anyway the main reason for the big thumbs up was when the bill came it was exactly what he quoted which as anyone who has built or modified a car would all be aware is as rare as Rocking horse Sh!t in the mechanical trade. The Car even with a 5 Grand converter drives beautifully and was to make it's way to Willowbank on Wednesday but with this weather I doubt it. Anyway Joel if you read this.....thanks alot man I really appreciate it . I look forward to seeing what it doe's down the quarter and look forward to Powercruise. Imtorqing (Bill) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
CLNGMHArchived member
Hahahahaha told ya bill. His a good man old Joely. I was ever so happy with what he did for me with my old VL, the engine was mint the gearbox even better. For what its worth people just pop in and see Joel, a top bloke and I know he has looked after a lot of us CT boys in the past. +1 for J.D. Looking forward to seeing your skyline at PC mate. Whitey EFI Performance
0 likes
mIsS VLArchived member
we love chu joelllll!!!!
0 likes
FATMANArchived member
i want one of those auto's, ive just blown 2nd gear in my jatco 4 speed. have been on the phone to joel today talking details, time to start saving i think, a good auto aint cheap for a tightass like myself.
0 likes
mIsS VLArchived member
yeh im having troubles finding one... i think most of vl owners have striped Aus of them!
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today29

19,674 threads, 223,068 posts and 2,401 images saved from CT

57.5% of indexed threads saved