Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Berlina turbo project/daily

Started by FATPSI · 8 Aug 2010 · 5 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

FATPSIArchived member
Thought I might as well start a thread on my daily that has become a bit of a project car. I wasn't really looking for another car at the time as I was still trying to finish FATPSI, my gemini panel van and my boat, but when my mate was selling his daily and upgrading I thought why not, particularly because it was cheap (mates rates) and was one of the most reliable cars he'd ever owned. It started life as a Burgandy N/A series 1 Berlina with full electrics. It came with log books and a mint dealers sticker on the back window, was a very original genuine car with the exeption of the LSD fitted by my mate. I didn't intend on modifying it but i can't just drive a bog stock car. So far I have, repaired and resprayed it in breeze mica (BF XR6/8 colour) going with colour coded bars rather than silver or grey. I bare metalled from the moulds up and was surprised it had no evidences of accient damage (original paint/no filler) I've also lowered it with king springs super lows up front and ultra lows in the rear.I've also fitted some supersport 20's. I'm in the middle of finishing converting to turbo and have a beige leather coulson trim waiting to go in. Here's a few happy snaps Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dvs_wgnArchived member
looks good dave i love the colour and have been thinking of spraying up a wagon the same..
0 likes
FATPSIArchived member
pretty much all back together. Had a problem with the alternator not charging, after countless hours discovered the apprentise at my mates shop had pinched my cluster (170,000 GENUINE K'S) and not plugged in the big white plug on top with the cluster he put in Then i had a problem with it surging turned out to be a dodgy CAS (that wasnt to old) Slowly been getting the last bits to finish of the turbo kit (complete with all pollution gear etc) so it should be turbo'd soon Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Richo11Archived member
Looks great dave. Nice and different... and I love the singletone! Tuff as One of these days ill get up and see you again! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
FATPSIArchived member
i've really been digging monotone lately. Feels so good to drive a vl again been thrashing it as a daily the last month or so since i've got all the issues sorted been like 2 years or more
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Get off the net and into the garage onto my car now!!! Seen this green Vl and paint is mint
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today29

19,674 threads, 222,418 posts and 2,400 images saved from CT

57.5% of indexed threads saved