Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

Anybody using those brembo caliper covers??

Started by HTURBO · 20 July 2010 · 27 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

HTURBOArchived member
Thinking about buying some brembo caliper covers. Just wondering has anybody used them or if they are anygood. I would love the real thing but it's abit out of my budget ATM lol. Or do you reckon they would look poxy?? Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
zaksvlArchived member
save up and buy the real thing lol. its a bit of a cop out haha.
0 likes
exchaserArchived member
you've got to be kidding.... you'd need some 'fake' rotors to go with em man, like maybe twice the size of the real ones ur actually using..
0 likes
jbonezArchived member
They look like aids. Just get your calipers powder coated or something similar might be better.
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
Don't you do it.
0 likes
XEC747Archived member
Take your turbo off and drive around with a cooler. Same thing.
0 likes
HTURBOArchived member
OK brought a few things off E-Bay http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BRAIDED-HOSE-...item2a089112f1 (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BRAIDED-HOSE-SLEEVING-KIT-PLATED-BRAID-BLUE-NEW-/180532351729?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a089112f1) & http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Holden-Commod...item45f34647eb (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Holden-Commodore-Ve-Vu-Vl-Vr-Vx-Vy-Brake-Caliper-Cover-/300434212843?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45f34647eb) & http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PINK-NOVELTY-...item41512f6afb (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PINK-NOVELTY-FUZZY-FLUFFY-DICE-CAR-REARVIEW-6-5CM-/280534936315?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item41512f6afb) Now I just need to find where I can buy those blue LED lights that sit on the bonnet & It will be all cool bro. lol. I know what you mean. Just like having a turbo badge on a VL which isn't a turbo. Funny though since I've posted this thread someone has purchased some. lol
0 likes
YetiArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by HTURBO [View Post] since I've posted this thread someone has purchased some. lol You? Those thing's fail so hard.
0 likes
HTURBOArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Yeti [View Post] You? Na, not me Yeti. I was just thinking, Imagen If they actually fell off & all the stuff which would be caught around those plastic covers. Fail Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
NZ EVLHSVArchived member
Those things are soooo gay I bet this guy has them Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
hsvhelArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV [View Post] Those things are soooo gay I bet this guy has them Hey, i didnt give permission for my car to be on here Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
aerovlArchived member
I hear they increase brake performance 10x. Just cheaper.
0 likes
PROGMHArchived member
This is exactly the kind of item you'd find in autobarn. Right next to the bolt on pedal's, neon lights and jap stickers. It's right near the sub woofers where all the 18 year olds hang out.
0 likes
aus880Archived member
talk about Japanese Engrish !!! Quote: The best car Deserve the best look and spelling Quote: Perfromance is that a new type of romance ? I say buy them, after all they.... Quote: ADD racing style to your RIDE
0 likes
Magnum06Archived member
I actually don't mind them. They look well done with the relief nipple and the brake line. You're supposed to silicon them on so I wonder how you'd go replacing pads with these?
0 likes
LUXJETArchived member
i posted these in the ebay tools thread.. my mate told me his getting a set.. we havent spoken since
0 likes
NOB00STArchived member
they look alright i've seen a few, tricked me the first time haha..
0 likes
picketvltArchived member
theyre very popular in thailand lmao every second car had them
0 likes
BTArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by LUXJET [View Post] i posted these in the ebay tools thread.. my mate told me his getting a set.. we havent spoken since lol i would of done the same thing Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TassieArchived member
Wast of money, wouldn't bother. Spend ya money on a nice set of cross drilled or slotted rotors
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today8

16,177 threads, 155,940 posts and 1,798 images saved from CT

47.3% of indexed threads saved