Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

My series 200 skid pig

Started by rb25vlt8 · 14 July 2010 · 45 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

rb25vlt8Archived member
Hey guys as some of you know I've got a series 200 I was planning on wreaking but for some strange reason I can't seem to part with it so being unlicenced I've chosen to make it a skid pig, drift pig, rally pig the engine wasn't running when I got the car so need to get it running then the fun starts here's some pics ---------- Post added 14-07-10 at 15:21 ---------- Ok guys I am having trouble getting it started I've drained the old fuel out put new fuel in changed both fuel pumps i'm gettin spark and I've redone the timing tryed various dizzys invade of the cas any help would be good Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
check which way you have put the fuel reg in. thats all i can think of atm
0 likes
OldGoldArchived member
deffo got fuel pressure at the rail?
0 likes
rb25vlt8Archived member
I've got another ecu and a na injector I'm Gona dodge up something to see if the injectors are workin And I've plumbed the fuel reg in to the return line of the rail but il change the reg the other way and see if it helps it's starting to drive me crazy lol plans for the car are get diff welded and maby put 411 diff gears remove exhaust from extractors mount tranny cooler get stage 3 shift kit off eBay for the auto Get a flano and trackies then blow some stockies lol ---------- Post added 15-07-10 at 17:26 ---------- Ok I plumbed an injector to the main fuel supply line and pluged the injector in and cranked the car and the injector didn't pulse fuel so I'm pretty sure this is my problem I'm thing of doin an engine loom change ?
0 likes
goldArchived member
haha this thing sounds fun!
0 likes
inkArchived member
Those mandurah boys are always up to no good! hahah
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
have u got a spare loom? im running out of ideas. iv got a spare loom if u want it
0 likes
rb25vlt8Archived member
Yeah mate il grab that loom when you come down but that's all I can think it being and I know the injectors run of the cas so il try thouse dizzys and see what happens ---------- Post added 17-07-10 at 11:06 ---------- Loom swap this pig and hope it starts lol Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
rb25vlt8Archived member
Ok guys done an engine looms swap checked my fuel reg is hooked up the rite way and working properly got spark air and fuel and timing is good got a knowen good ecu and it still won't start checked all plug and leads work any one had similar probs ? Anyway on a good note got a few parts donated to me from this vl lol diff,rear roof lights,ash tray, new power steering rack lol Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
haha they did do a gd job! ---------- Post added 18-07-10 at 12:14 ---------- did u get pics of it upside down? send me the ones from yesturday lol
0 likes
goldArchived member
***.n bush mechanics
0 likes
rb25vlt8Archived member
Bit of an update after figuring out I had no injector pulse and various loom changes and engine bolt ons i was reading the vl manual and found out that the fuseable links protect sertion parts of the car the injectors were one of then changed the fuseable links and she came to life should have some skid vids next weekend for you guys and maby some rallying at are private rally track
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
do a skid uj fat ****!!!!!!
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
car is finaly running and movable under its own power after a very hungover dave and myself changed the diff 2day and dave figured out it was oneof the fusable links that was preventing the car from starting. will post skid vids soon...
0 likes
rb25vlt8Archived member
Cool story broooo
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
u cant use that **** against me man. Its dan you should be saying it to anyway
0 likes
rb25vlt8Archived member
Hey guys got it running prob was a fusable link for the injectors had a rooted brake booster swapped that for a vlt booster and have got a t3 from lebvlt for it it's probly Gina be the first series 200 turbo lol hicomp time bomb lol
0 likes
dan89Archived member
narrigon here we come ... all we need are trackies . 1 flano .a shirt that says "make my dinner" and a block off export hahahaha o and jack leave ur knife at home mate hahahahaha
0 likes
goldArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by dan89 [View Post] narrigon here we come ... all we need are trackies . 1 flano .a shirt that says "make my dinner" and a block off export hahahaha o and jack leave ur knife at home mate hahahahaha dont forget the sock and sandles, there a must for serious burnout footwork!
0 likes
rb25vlt8Archived member
Lol gotta make sure it does a skid first took it for a test drive yesterday down a gravel pit and the fuel pump died was there for 2hr waiting for me mate to come tow me home lol ---------- Post added 14-08-10 at 18:58 ---------- Ok guys pumped my first skid today was like popping ur first cherry jacks got a pic he will up load also picked up the t3 and cross over pipe just need an exhaust manifold now
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today8

16,176 threads, 155,901 posts and 1,798 images saved from CT

47.2% of indexed threads saved