Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›CalaisTurbo archive
CalaisTurbo archive

[FS - NSW] Tubbed VL Calais ($12000)

Started by ISL33P · 9 July 2010 · 40 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

ISL33PArchived member
For Sale? Or Wanted? FS Price/Amount 15000 State NSW Short Description for title? Tubbed VL Calais Genuine Turbo Motor? A8? No Transmission? NONE Currently Registered? No REGO/VIN Number? - Contact Info Other than this Forum? [phone removed] Description Well I think I can say this is definately my last VL. With my current job, my business, and a young family with 2 kids, I just dont have the time I used to have available to make something out of my projects. I jumped at this car some 6 months or so ago when it came up because it was a good deal and now someone else will have the opportunity to do as they please with it. Selling exactly as I bought it. Specs: SII Calais with all numbers All Calais sides and moulds included (will not be sold seperately) Tubbed with notched rails to fit 29x12 tyre Brand new 9" diff 4 link suspension with reinforced mounts 4.11 gears 31 spline Moser axles Strange double adjustable coilover shocks Wilwood 6 piston calipers and 330mm discs up front Pedders front coilovers with K-Mac adjustable strut tops Stainless brake lines from front to back with braided lines to calipers Wilwood rear calipers and new disc brakes Wilwood remote pedal box and brake pedal (no need for a booster) Sheetmetal boot Filled in petrol filler cap Detailed undercarriage Aftermarket sunroof with all controls No interior apart from 2 Evo XII Recaro seats and Calais dash Needs paint. Panels are straight VH45 is NOT mounted or included but can be added for extra Engine bay untouched apart from removal of battery tray and brake boosted hole sealed. Receipts for more than $25k Similar setup to the ex HVATOS. Can be used for a pro-street style setup or a race car, just add a cage and away you go. Will negotiate price if removal of things like front brakes and calipers or seats are not your style. I do have a plastic seat to throw in aswell. Example - offers under $10k considered for it without front brakes/suspension (replaced with standard parts) and front seats. Anyway, I am sure I am missing something, but enough of the talking. They say pictures tell 1000 words, so here are a few. Cheers, Ariel PM or Call/SMS [phone removed] (feel free to leave a message if I dont answer) ---------- Post added 10-07-10 at 20:25 ---------- PS - I forgot to add I am (very) open to offers, I want this gone!!! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
ISL33PArchived member
No one interested in saving themselves some $10-15k in building a quality VL?
0 likes
ISL33PArchived member
No worries Steve. Sell the VX a little cheaper and I will take that off the purchase price of this. If that's not enough, I can take things off like brakes, seats, front suspensions to help reduce the price which are not really necessary for everyone but a nice thing to have on a car like this. Cheers, Ariel
0 likes
h8__psiArchived member
hey champ, that was my old vl. i spent a ****load to get all those parts, took ages doing the undercarrage to. i built h8 lag instead. anyway gudluck with sale.(would be good to see finished)
0 likes
ISL33PArchived member
I must say there has been a lot of work done on it and it is all very good quality. I didn't get a good pic of the undercarriage, but it is has been cleaned up quite well. Let's see if there are any buyers over the next week or so, otherwise the engine and gearbox are being mounted.
0 likes
ISL33PArchived member
bumpity bump any takers? serious offers will be considered
0 likes
ISL33PArchived member
so I take it no-one wants it. Low ballers, feel free to start somewhere edit - may even throw in a rb26 head for the right price Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
ISL33PArchived member
price drop to $13000 and negotiable mod's please change
0 likes
ISL33PArchived member
$12000
0 likes
ISL33PArchived member
one last bump or it is going into storage
0 likes
ISL33PArchived member
To the guy who gave me a call last night, about seperating the car, please text me your number and I will call you back. Cheers, Ariel
0 likes
yplay4Archived member
hi mate what price r u looking at without the following *seats *brakes front and rear (still want booster though) *coil overs (just throw in some standard stuff) cheers nick
0 likes
ISL33PArchived member
The only thing I would seperate are the seats and I would be looking at around the $1500 mark.
0 likes
ISL33PArchived member
Ok, last chance draw......first person in with an offer somewhere sort of close to what I'm chasing can take it. My business is taking next step and I would prefer to pay cash for the machinery
0 likes
yplay4Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by ISL33P [View Post] Ok, last chance draw......first person in with an offer somewhere sort of close to what I'm chasing can take it. My business is taking next step and I would prefer to pay cash for the machinery Mate i rang you and made a reasonable offer.. and you were OH SO nah man i dont need the money blah blah blah. well my offer is for 8k without the seats or brakes.
0 likes
ISL33PArchived member
Something for the business has come up that I wasn't necessarily expecting, hence now the change of mind. Make me an offer for the whole thing and you can seperate it if you like. There is a lot more than 4k in the brakes and seats so you could make some money from it. Otherwise, I'll take 10k without the seats alone.
0 likes
ISL33PArchived member
bump....only willing to seperate front brakes and seats to bring the price down, thats the most I will take off ---------- Post added 28-09-10 at 21:45 ---------- BT - $8k without seats and brakes is not getting me excited....for a car with $25k in it, i am happy to wait until a more serious offer is made....its not like a VL like this comes up often and not something I will just let go for the sake of not having it. If standard brakes are provided i might sell, otherwise, it goes complete. with that, any one serious about the brake setup (discs and calipers only)? pm me. I will not take anything under $2k.
0 likes
ISL33PArchived member
I am considering stripping the car. This is only conditional to the shell being sold because I will not sell anything until the shell is gone. Offers of around $5k will be the start for the shell. With Wilwood brake pedal setup, removed brake booster, sunroof, tubs, detail undercarriage, stainless steel brake lines, sheetmetal boot, filled in petrol filler cap and all calais moulds. So that means, diff setup, front and rear coilovers, brakes and seats can be seperated. Cheers, Ariel
0 likes
mooe_13Archived member
hey buddy how much u after for the rear coilovers
0 likes
ISL33PArchived member
$800. You also pm'd about the diff, make me an offer
0 likes

This discussion is closed to new replies.

Who’s online

0 members and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today27

18,868 threads, 206,500 posts and 2,290 images saved from CT

55.1% of indexed threads saved