Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

Julian's vl sl

Started by MacDee.au · 3 July 2010 · 11 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

MacDee.auArchived member
This is my 1988 vl sl manual 5speed, I bought it a little over a week ago, currently has: 15"x7" 'Performance' Mags 2 1/4" stainless steel exhaust exhaust headers mildly chipped ECU Sports steering wheel electric antenna custom parcel shelf aftermarket AC Berlina Taillights Berlina Dash Next on the list is probably a decent Alpine or Pioneer System, then I'm going to look into getting new wheels and tyres, going to get 19" ROH Flares with 235/45/19 tyres I think.. And might be getting a bigger exhaust and depending on how good the headers/extractors are might get knew ones, need a better sound and more power. Need to get new driver's seat asap though as mine is broken and wobbles around everywhere. It has really low kilometres, just under 135,000km's really neat inside and out, bit of rust under front windscreen, small dent on the boot, few minor scratches on the rear bumper. I'm pretty happy with it, although it was annoying 5mins after taking pics trying to start the car and the battery was dead, and without knowing there was an immobiliser trying to clutch start it, and after that failed jump starting also failed so I now have 12months roadside assist with the NRMA, haha. Thanks, tell me what you all think. ---------- Post added 04-07-10 at 21:28 ---------- Car is completely dead, need new battery or alternator or both.. =/ Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MacDee.auArchived member
Car is working again, got a new battery for $181, glad it wasn't the alternator. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MacDee.auArchived member
Got rid of broken drivers seat. And replaced passenger because the ones I bought were both more faded. Now I need to get the rust under my windscreen fixed. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
satansLBOArchived member
sweet sl with already a few nice little berlina upgrades, get onto the rust, upgrade your brakes and diff and suspension and you'll have a very respectible and sensible combo.
0 likes
MacDee.auArchived member
Thanks mate! Hopefully I can get rid of the rust over the weekend.
0 likes
NZ-DOSEITArchived member
i see you say your wanting to put same wheels as mine(roh flares),any luck with finding them there?or going different style? avnt seen the wheels in nz on anything else,and even the mag shops here avnt seen them. anyway nice SL,lucky to have low km example,and good score with getting the replacement seats.
0 likes
MacDee.auArchived member
Yep I sure do, I really love the look of those ROH flares, I think TyrePower supply them, I havn't gotten around to calling though to get a quote. Thanks mate, have you decided if your going to go white for your flares?
0 likes
NZ-DOSEITArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by MacDee.au [View Post] Yep I sure do, I really love the look of those ROH flares, I think TyrePower supply them, I havn't gotten around to calling though to get a quote. Thanks mate, have you decided if your going to go white for your flares? kol,be interested to know what they worth,if you get a price can you pm me?cheers Yip ill be doing the white walls and painting the 19s white,i think itll suit it really well. good luck with your build bud.
0 likes
MacDee.auArchived member
Will do mate. Yeah I reckon it will look awesome. Thanks.
0 likes
JET_VLCArchived member
looks really neat mate keep the good work coming,
0 likes
aaron09_Archived member
That thing is sick the way it is minus the wheels but your binning them anyway. Good work
0 likes
miladArchived member
got a blue hirise console for u.. lemi no if u want it Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today27

18,780 threads, 205,078 posts and 2,277 images saved from CT

54.9% of indexed threads saved