Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

My new car - 1975 XB Falcon Wagon

Started by dasmoogan · 18 June 2010 · 29 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

dasmooganArchived member
I had a red VL Calais Wagon a few years back, but I sold it for a silver VY wagon, but now I've bought this XB wagon - it isn't registered yet, but when it is it'll be my daily driver and the VY will be on the market. Time for something old school! This was my VL... ... and this is my VY Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
I had good work mate that bought and restored a old 351 manual XC fairmont GXL - lovely car to drive, very very comfy and sounded awesome.
0 likes
Gas Rb30Archived member
That xb wagon looks pretty tuff man. I like the mags. Why did you ever sell the vl looks clean outside?????
0 likes
dasmooganArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Gas Rb30 [View Post] That xb wagon looks pretty tuff man. I like the mags. Why did you ever sell the vl looks clean outside????? Yeah the VL was very clean and tidy - I've regretted selling it quite a bit, but it was the right thing to do at the time. I'm still in contact with the guy who bought it, he's looking after it well Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
WoggsterArchived member
Awesome! That Falcon looks tough! These are a really cool car to drive. My uncle has an XB GT and it's a really different experience compared to the modern cars Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dasmooganArchived member
I put on some new door trims - aiming for white interior with bucket seats, black dash, carpet and centre console like on the GTs Here's one of the old door trims The newbies just on without any tidying up Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Peeekn 86Archived member
looks tuff mate
0 likes
dasmooganArchived member
Sent the head away for crack repairs, it's back in now with a freshly cleaned out radiator, new XF inertia reel seatbelts in the back. Not long now til it's ready to head off for a roadworthy Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
GLD-086Archived member
Looks nice mate. Atleast it's a real Ford. I would've castrated you if you bought an EA wagon. lol Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dasmooganArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by GLD-086 [View Post] Looks nice mate. Atleast it's a real Ford. I would've castrated you if you bought an EA wagon. lol Hehe yeah! Ford stopped making good cars after the XC Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MR.SUSArchived member
what sort of wheels are they mate? looks good dont see too many wagons round ay
0 likes
PROGMHArchived member
I think the wheels are an old cragar wheel.
0 likes
QIK350Archived member
They're actually made by Dragway, and called 'Indy'. Cragar made something similar back in the days.
0 likes
dasmooganArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by QIK350 [View Post] They're actually made by Dragway, and called 'Indy'. Cragar made something similar back in the days. You are correct, Dragway Indys, 15x7 in the front and 15x8 in the back. I'm a big fan of Jellybeans but these ones really suit the car so I'm going to stay with them. Thinking of going a bit of whitewall action with them too Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
GLD-086Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by dasmoogan [View Post] Hehe yeah! Ford stopped making good cars after the XC I don't know about that mate. XDs, and XEs are pretty cool. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
trackbt1Archived member
nice wags looks tuff!
0 likes
dasmooganArchived member
I've got a brand new pair of number plates Been getting lots of looks everywhere I go Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Lazza78Archived member
looks tha goods morgs!!!!!
0 likes
WeiksyArchived member
looks tuff this car, I used to have an XC GXL sedan, with a 351c on board. Best car I ever had. Keep up the good work, I imagine you'll be getting a lot of looks where ever you drive.
0 likes
dasmooganArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Weiksy [View Post] looks tuff this car, I used to have an XC GXL sedan, with a 351c on board. Best car I ever had. Keep up the good work, I imagine you'll be getting a lot of looks where ever you drive. Yep, lots of turned heads and lots of thumbs up I expect I'll get even more once I respray her. My options for colour: gloss solid black or gloss metallic black. Whadda you reckon? Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today14

16,728 threads, 167,316 posts and 1,892 images saved from CT

48.9% of indexed threads saved