Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

battery bag/cover??

Started by 12maneym · 15 June 2010 · 11 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

12maneymArchived member
hey guys, im leaving my battery in the engine bay and wanna know where you get battery bags/covers from? ive tried ebay but no luck. cheers.
0 likes
GMTANKArchived member
get them off holden vectras/astras they look nice for stock there black my mate had his embroided with his plates gives it a nice touch should be like $1o from a wreckers
0 likes
12maneymArchived member
oh sick as aids cheers man.
0 likes
GMHO95Archived member
i orderd 1 of the vectra or astra 1ns from holden but when i wnt to look at it was flimsy as all fark it was more like a card board box that hadnt been folded yet its not an actual bag as such even the guy at holden didnt want me to by it 1 for the price $180 and 2 coz it lookd so **** house then he told me to try a marine shop coz they have the more bag looking 1ns that i think you r thinking of
0 likes
12maneymArchived member
oh yea fark that then cheers man ill check out a marine shop.
0 likes
-pumba-Archived member
i got mine from a car at work, cant remember what it was off of but we put a new battery in it and were just gonna throw the bag out so i kept it, looks good in my opinion dunno if its one of the ones your talking about. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
SYKO3LArchived member
Yep_boost also makes them
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
i have a few that look like pumba's they sell for about $80 so if you get one cheap go for it otherwise hit me up.
0 likes
YEP_boostArchived member
They are a slip over cover and are only designed originally as an aid to stop batterires freezing in winter and as protection from heat in small engine bays. I have a genuine Holden one on my own car as I could get it at a decent price trade which was around the 120 mark. When I got it most of the models were obselete but I think mine came off a vectra??? I do make a cheaper alternative to them for 80 bucks and they are only intended as a cover to hide the ugliness of the battery - the same reason I fitted one to my calais! Quote: Originally Posted by GMHO95 [View Post] i orderd 1 of the vectra or astra 1ns from holden but when i wnt to look at it was flimsy as all fark it was more like a card board box that hadnt been folded yet its not an actual bag as such even the guy at holden didnt want me to by it 1 for the price $180 and 2 coz it lookd so **** house then he told me to try a marine shop coz they have the more bag looking 1ns that i think you r thinking of Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
GMHO95Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by YEP_boost [View Post] They are a slip over cover and are only designed originally as an aid to stop batterires freezing in winter and as protection from heat in small engine bays. I have a genuine Holden one on my own car as I could get it at a decent price trade which was around the 120 mark. When I got it most of the models were obselete but I think mine came off a vectra??? I do make a cheaper alternative to them for 80 bucks and they are only intended as a cover to hide the ugliness of the battery - the same reason I fitted one to my calais! ey mate i love the look of your bag in your calais looks mad is that the 1 you make if so man how do i go about buying 1 of you and can you make them in diffrnt colors no strees if you cant thx Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
YEP_boostArchived member
The one in the car is the genuine Holden version. The one I make is the one above that. It is basically the same just different material. I can make in some colors but they would be slightly dearer. I do black as a standard color.
0 likes
GMHO95Archived member
really the 1 in the car looks so much diffrnt to the 1 the holden guy showd me mayb coz it wasnt folded yet it just lookd flatter and it didnt have the nice studs in it you 1n look thicr. wat coulors do u offer and what price range for the black and what price for the coulor thx
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today27

18,869 threads, 206,510 posts and 2,290 images saved from CT

55.1% of indexed threads saved