Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

My VL Calais project

Started by s1gnil · 7 June 2010 · 18 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

s1gnilArchived member
Hey thought I'd get around to putting up some pictures of my VL Calais project if anyone wants to have a look. This is about my 9th VL, brought this one after I sold my mint silver 3.0 calais and realised I should of never sold it. All of my previous VL's have been 6's, one with a rb25det so I decided to go for a 5.0 this time It's a factory 5.0l auto calais that I found on trademe, it was advertised that it would be good for parts as the body was apparently stuffed and hadn't been going in 5 years. I decided to go and have a look anyway, it didn't look too bad and started first pop so I grabbed it and drove it the 200km home. This is what it looked like the day I got it... I then started stripping it down, and found it to actually be the tidiest VL I have owned, there was no rust at all (apart from a few little bits of surface rust). Some more pics.. It then went up to Hamilton to a good friend of mine who happens to be a panel beater, who slowly worked on it in the weekends for 3 months to get it nice and straight, then it went to his friends paint shop to get sprayed in Phantom Mica. Just got it home this weekend, and bolted on the 19" DTM's I had brought for her, one more pic as she sits now ... (sorry for the crappy quality was getting dark) Let me know what ya think Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
VL-DanArchived member
That looks fricken sweet man, it sure has come a long way from the day you got it Make sure you keep us updated Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Rb3oArchived member
nice lookin good
0 likes
NZ-DOSEITArchived member
sweet man,looking real good,always good to see progress pictures like that,we all know how much work goes into them.well done.
0 likes
PSIWPN NZArchived member
very nice man i like the wheels
0 likes
SIKVLTArchived member
awesome progress rims are similar to mine
0 likes
s1gnilArchived member
Thanks for all the nice comments guys! Has come a long way, but still a long way to go yet! While I was in hamilton I saw your wagon (SIKVLT) at 'The Base' .. Looks good!
0 likes
SIKVLTArchived member
Cheers man was that on sat ? was meeting up with Chris (Turbokiwi)
0 likes
vlrb25detArchived member
looks mint mate
0 likes
NZ_GTSArchived member
Lookin good. Would love to see some pics of the new paint in the sun. I considered the same colour for mine, but went with cherry black in the end.
0 likes
s1gnilArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by SIKVLT [View Post] Cheers man was that on sat ? was meeting up with Chris (Turbokiwi) Yip would of been Sat lunch time .. was on my way to get some Nando's .. that stuffs so good ha ha Quote: Originally Posted by NZ_GTS Lookin good. Would love to see some pics of the new paint in the sun. I considered the same colour for mine, but went with cherry black in the end. Yip will get some pics in the sun when I next get a nice day down here, got any photos of yours? Would love to see some
0 likes
TurboKiwiArchived member
What a score s1gnil !! Love the rims & Colour !! 19's arr beware of cheap tyres, they love cracking the sidewall before you can use all the tread...
0 likes
NZ_GTSArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by s1gnil [View Post] Yip would of been Sat lunch time .. was on my way to get some Nando's .. that stuffs so good ha ha Yip will get some pics in the sun when I next get a nice day down here, got any photos of yours? Would love to see some Got a week off next week to work on the car. Will take some pics then. Car hasn't been washed in over a year, so shes pretty dusty! What's the badge next to the 5.0 badge on the boot garnish?
0 likes
Gas Rb30Archived member
so do you still have the car? any new pics, update!
0 likes
vltweaponArchived member
was this on trademe a while ago or am i thinkn of another 1
0 likes
VL-DanArchived member
It was on Trademe yeah, not too sure if it sold or not though...
0 likes
9sec87vltArchived member
sweet lookin calais man Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
RollinArchived member
Anymore updates on your ride man?? Make sure you keep that V8... Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
s1gnilArchived member
Hey, yip it was on trademe, ended up selling pretty soon after I put the add up. Would of loved to finish it but I ended up moving to Australia.. I was hoping the new owner was on this forum so I could see some progress photos of this Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today5

15,794 threads, 149,381 posts and 1,734 images saved from CT

46.1% of indexed threads saved