Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Well, finally got to calder last night. First run was an 11.2@81 as I backed off at 3/4 track. Just wanted to see what the half track and 60ft was. The timeslip didnt give me any of those so I was spewin! The car wouldnt rev past about 5500 for some reason. Seems to be chocking. The car has a cat and Mark thinks its either blocked or its starved of air as the air filter is right tucked in behind the headlight. The small catch can also overfilled again as it did at heathcote and made a bit of a mess under the car.
I wasnt going home early so cleaned it up and went again. This time the car went 10.04@137. I changed into second just before I felt it was going to start chocking so at about 5500. Im rapt with that but so close to a 9 I dont know what to think! Thats still et streets, full exhaust and v power. Definately got a 9 in it thats for sure. Next time
0 likes
Nice work mate. Any specs on your car? I'm not familiar with it.
0 likes
very nice champ, what does she normally rev to, 7500-8k?
---------- Post added 01-05-10 at 13:40 ----------
it's the black calais Wizza 1 I think?
26/30, 2spd and a T72??
0 likes
Nice time. Sort out that issue and go 9's
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Congrats Wizza,
Looks like you will be the man to go nines in street trim. Huge effort.
0 likes
well done man very strong set up. unreal nearly 9's on et streets
0 likes
Awesome effort mate, seen it last night was a treat.
All the best, hope you get that 9!
0 likes
well done mate 9s for sure and love the mile an hour y is it filling the catch can did it miss or are the rings ****ed
0 likes
good news man, couldn.t make it out there but im glad i'll go next time and watch u run that 9
0 likes
01-05-10, 19:39 GMT+10#10 Good work wizza! Fairly sure you got a 9 in the bag if your that close. Bit of a worry if the catch can is filling that fast though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5spdvl
[View Post]
Nice work mate. Any specs on your car? I'm not familiar with it.
Dunno specs but it was on the cover of street commo's a couple months back
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
02-05-10, 09:46 GMT+10#11 Quote:
Originally Posted by madrex
[View Post]
well done mate 9s for sure and love the mile an hour y is it filling the catch can did it miss or are the rings ****ed
Most likely doesn't have an external oil drain from the head. Typical RB problem.
Always loved this car. Good luck with the 9, mph is certainly there and its even more impressive in full street trim
0 likes
02-05-10, 17:58 GMT+10#12 Saw this on friday night at calder very quick!
0 likes
25-06-10, 21:32 GMT+10#14 Nice calais... looking at the article on it at the moment.
0 likes
25-06-10, 23:13 GMT+10#15 That's awesome as man. Congrats how much power is this thing making?
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
26-06-10, 07:57 GMT+10#16 beautiful car and a very good time! Good to hear it was in street trim on pump gas
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
26-06-10, 15:12 GMT+10#17 Thanks, it made 450rwkw on the dyno on 18psi shell v power. I dont know if i said but the clamp on the cooler pipe on the turbo slipped off the silicone piping so was the reason it didnt want to go above about 5500rpm last time out. Had to short change it. Hopefully the weather comes good some time soon so I can get back out there and see what it can do on a proper pass.
0 likes
26-06-10, 19:42 GMT+10#18 well done man car looks awesome
0 likes
26-06-10, 21:29 GMT+10#19 Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizbiki
[View Post]
Thanks, it made 450rwkw on the dyno on 18psi shell v power. I dont know if i said but the clamp on the cooler pipe on the turbo slipped off the silicone piping so was the reason it didnt want to go above about 5500rpm last time out. Had to short change it. Hopefully the weather comes good some time soon so I can get back out there and see what it can do on a proper pass.
600rwhp not bad what size turbo and who tunned it for you
0 likes
26-06-10, 21:51 GMT+10#20 That's big power for only 18psi on pump fuel
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes