Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hey All..
I've recently installed a VLT Plenium onto my Car, Now i wanted to know if there is a difference between the n/a and turbo fuel regs? if so should i just buy a new turbo regulator or any other different ones?
Specs are basically, n/a motor, vlt injectors, 1.9mm cometic head gasket, wade 818 cam, t3 @ 10psi, 3 inch exhaust and worked auto
Thanks
0 likes
They are a different shape to suit the different manifolds... you can use the non-turbo one and it will work but it won't neatly bolt to the turbo manifold
0 likes
Just bye a turbo one sav will look alot neater thought you were running 15psi threw the t3
0 likes
Both regs will work it shouldn't make a diffrence
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONA747
Just bye a turbo one sav will look alot neater thought you were running 15psi threw the t3
yer im gonna run 15psi but I haven't even started the car wid the new motor yet lol
0 likes
if you end up buying a turbo reg, ill buy ur n/a one..i saw ur car a few months ago at some servo. looks mint
0 likes
Hey mate, do yourself a favour and get a brand new Turbo fuel regulator from Nissan. You can still get em, its about a 3 week wait, costs about $180.
I got a similar set up to you and it runs no problems. I know other guys running 10s with that same reg so will handle it no worries.
0 likes
The n/a reg will work but only sensors vacum.The turbo regs work both under vacum and boost.
0 likes
if you bought say a sard aftermarket fuel regulator would you need to take your stock one off to make it work properly?? i have a stock vl converted to turbo??
0 likes
29-05-10, 15:12 GMT+10#10 Quote:
Originally Posted by adz24888
[View Post]
if you bought say a sard aftermarket fuel regulator would you need to take your stock one off to make it work properly?? i have a stock vl converted to turbo??
Yes, you will need to take the stock one off.
0 likes
02-12-10, 11:28 GMT+10#12 im using a vlt fuel regulator and vlt plenumn and using a bosch 044 fuel pump this guy told me that the fuel regulator wouldn,t be doing anything beacause it opens up at a certain pressure is this bull**** what hes saying?????
0 likes
02-12-10, 16:07 GMT+10#14 n/a and turbo are the same, as if youd pay 180 for a nissan fuel reg, mine cost nothing
0 likes
02-12-10, 16:08 GMT+10#15 what regulator do you ppl use for E85 setup with twin pumps for around 350-450kw? I
been looking at Turbosmart 2000, is there anything better that you run on yoour car ?
0 likes
02-12-10, 22:45 GMT+10#16 Quote:
Originally Posted by Torcida
[View Post]
what regulator do you ppl use for E85 setup with twin pumps for around 350-450kw? I
been looking at Turbosmart 2000, is there anything better that you run on yoour car ?
Yeah sard & turbosmart regulators are good. BTW I'm using a aeromotive fuel regulator & found it holds pressure well. It's a rising rate aswell.
0 likes
02-12-10, 22:49 GMT+10#17 Quote:
Originally Posted by Torcida
[View Post]
what regulator do you ppl use for E85 setup with twin pumps for around 350-450kw? I
been looking at Turbosmart 2000, is there anything better that you run on yoour car ?
Any of the better brands are ok.. I've always used Aeromotive but its only because I am comfortable with them. Turbosmart, SARD etc etc are all good.
0 likes