Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
like the title says how long ( in kms ) has your engine lasted pushing over
300rwkw?
0 likes
I think the question is who even drives there VL pushing over 300 as a daily to answer this question.
As I would say most would have been pulled down again or stacked much lower in km than your hoping to hear.
0 likes
good to see they are holding up so far lol
0 likes
I personally dont think 300rwkw is enough to worry a stock standard VLT bottom end in the slightest, maybe 400rwkw+ for prolonged periods - I say this because 430rwkw is when the standard rods tend to bend.
I think that if you have a good tune and use good oil, serviced regulary, you let it warm up before giving it stick and your not thrashing it on the limiter all the time then it should be good for 100,000kms+, there is no reason why it wouldnt be any worse off than a standard power engine. I realise there is more loading on components such as bearings when power increases but I think the standard engine is over engineered for the power it pushes out from factory.
0 likes
Yeah rev limiter as good as they can sound is one thing that can kill an engine life a lot sooner as it hammers the **** out of just about everything swinging off the crank
0 likes
05-12-09, 10:31 GMT+10#10 depends on the limiter, in my car i have a soft rev limiter set at 250 rpm after peak power then a full rev limiter at 500rpm past full power, meaning that mine doesnt "bounce" on the limiter it simply begins to cut spark meaning no fuel is getting burnt therefore car stops making power. Fuel cut limiters are dangerous as they can induce leaning out.
As for km my car is a daily averaging around 200km per week, been doing this for about 6 months nil issues
0 likes