Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

LSD centre question

Started by Rollin · 30 Sept 2009 · 15 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

RollinArchived member
Yo guys, got me an open wheeler 28 spline standard VL diff a week ago. 3.08:1 ratio, which is what i want for behind the '8. I'm in need of a LSD centre for it now. Ive heard that you can put any Commodore LSD centre in it (as long as its 28 spline). So does that mean any 28 spline LSD centre from VB-VX will fit in it? Or do you have any better ideas as to what i can put in it?? Also will the diff gears still work or do i need to get some later model ones?? I found this in the "DIFF" thread: Quote: Originally Posted by 5spdvl If you have a 3.08 diff, I would recommend selling the diff for around the $400-$500 mark and buying a complete 28 spline LSD 3.45 diff. Unless you know how to set pinion bearing pre-load, its not within your reach to convert your diff. But i dont have the $$$ at the moment to fork out for a complete LSD... Trying to get it all sorted for Powercruise. Not gonna enter, just roll up and catch up with you all... If this belongs in the Stupid Question Thread then you can move it Alex...! Cheers guys Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
ss nutArchived member
I thought there were 2 types of lsd from holden(one was larger than the other?)was it from VR onwards??
0 likes
NZ_BT1Archived member
Best person to ask is Brent he will know
0 likes
UNONT2Archived member
ring steelie gears man he will tell you
0 likes
NZ EVLHSVArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by UNONT2 ring steelie gears man he will tell you Yip Tony can sort you out. Basically any LSD centre from VN to VT will work, although I'd suggest you talk to Tony about getting a rebuilt one fitted as LSD is a wearing part and most will be stuffed
0 likes
NZ VL comArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Rollin But i dont have the $$$ at the moment to fork out for a complete LSD... Trying to get it all sorted for Powercruise. Not gonna enter, just roll up and catch up with you all... If this belongs in the Stupid Question Thread then you can move it Alex...! Cheers guys give me a Pm if you want it all fitted together,0274975 828 Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
RollinArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by NZ VL com give me a Pm if you want it all fitted together,0274975 828 Cheers dude, might be a bit difficult with me being in Palmy tho... Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
hsvsmurfArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Rollin Cheers dude, might be a bit difficult with me being in Palmy tho... Dude get a hold of tony or I come pay us a visit I have a 28 spline lsd centre sitting on the of my shed its out of my car from when I rebuilt mine, either way Im sure we can find you something for a good price Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
RollinArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by hsvsmurf Dude get a hold of tony or I come pay us a visit I have a 28 spline lsd centre sitting on the of my shed its out of my car from when I rebuilt mine, either way Im sure we can find you something for a good price Exactly the kind of offer i was hoping for!! And i dont need to travel half way round the country for it!! Ill flick you a text when i get some time man and we can sus it out... Cheers dude!! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
NZ_BT1Archived member
Adam *slap* your helping a V8 tut tut tut hehehe Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
hsvsmurfArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by NZ_BT1 Adam *slap* your helping a V8 tut tut tut hehehe Lol now now Aaron you may not know it but I have had 2 V8 commodores in my time & If I had known about all the troubles I would be having I would have dropped in a small block long ago Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
RollinArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by hsvsmurf Lol now now Aaron you may not know it but I have had 2 V8 commodores in my time & If I had known about all the troubles I would be having I would have dropped in a small block long ago Whats the ratio on that LSD centre Adam?? Do i need to sus out some 3.08s to make it what i want?? Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
NZ EVLHSVArchived member
Haven't you already got 3.08?
0 likes
RollinArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV Haven't you already got 3.08? Yep, thats whats in the original 28 spline i have. Just wanna know if these are compatible with the LSD that Adam has...
0 likes
NZ EVLHSVArchived member
It will be
0 likes
RollinArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV It will be Cool, cheers man.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today23

17,987 threads, 193,379 posts and 2,149 images saved from CT

52.5% of indexed threads saved