Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
I got my eye on a HJ Prem, if all is good I'm going to leave a deposit on it this weekend.
It's a Factory 253, and I'm either going to put a LS1, LS2 or a L98 in. How hard would it be to get the car full street rego engineered with these engines?
Anyone have any idea what amount of work would be involved? ie K-Frame, Mounts ect?
Thanks
0 likes
engineering will be easy as long the engineer sees it with the engine/exhaust etc in stock configuration, or using parts known to pass adr's.
(leave the whitewall tyres off for now )
sump will probably need changing, i reckon a camaro config or the like out of the states will do the job and probably be a lot cheaper than the reaming you will get from an aussie.
Engine mounts are off the shelf.
In all honesty, its a fantastic idea, but step right over the 5.7 and use the 6l, dont ask me which one because i dont care for lsx stuff, but the engine in my crewman gets along fine in a 300kg heavier car than the hj will be.
Diff wise, youll have more luck finding a secondhand 9" than using a borgy, although if a borgy comes up cheap enough id probably use it just to free up some horsepowahs.
The sals will not cut it.
Is it originally a 6?
Do it!
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Na its a 253 atm and its Immaculate, 14" Black stockies with white walls too lol I'm in love.
So your telling me a LS with off the self mounts and its a straight swap? wont need to fabricate/bash anything?
At the moment i have the money to get the car and a new off the self motor in. Eventually i will put a blower on too.
Has this been done before? In a HJ? I'm really pumped if I'm the first lol. Also to keep it injected or go carby is another thing I'm thinking about.
0 likes
It's been done quite a few times. Theres a few blokes on aussiev8 with the conversion.
Sump - use the US truck sump as it fits HQ-WB.
Lots of info on there about the conversion. Itll be expensive but a good conversion.
0 likes
can you link me the thread mate?
0 likes