Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Firstly, I really didn't want to start a thread like this.
But I'm having a hard time getting decent recommendations on the above; a lot of conflicting stories.
I want to hear from people in Victoria who've had big diffs built; be it drag, circuit, 9", BW78, whatever. Please don't ruin the thread by slagging each other/shops off.
I want a built BW78 using a Kaaz 28 spline 2 way LSD centre for circuit racing, with apirations to eventually modify it for a Watts Linkage. Must hold 300rwkw plus.
Please help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
pannic uses a watts linkage very tuff
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
I have no idea Timmay, but the Star Wars reference gets my nod of approval. I havn't broken my diff but I guess Canberra is a little far to send the borgy.
0 likes
A guy i know has just shortened a borg warner from a falcon that has the watts linkage mount on the diff cover, would be worth seeing if these swap straight over then you only have to fabricate the body mounts
0 likes
I had my 9" built at Preston Auto's & Diffs as they are local. Got a steel centered hemisphere put in, new 4.11's, new LSD, new 28spline axels. Was very happy with it, took it racing after 100kms and it was sweet. I had it built to handle a 9/10 second pass. Was reasonably priced aswell comparing with other places I spoke to.
0 likes
I'm running a 9" in my vlt at the moment; centre was rebuilt some years ago when I brought it, although not 100% sure on the specs or shop - will have to check my receipt collection when I get home.
Running a Watts linkage will be interesting, adjustable lower/upper arms as well?
Take it your also thinking of running adjustable front lower A-Arms?
0 likes
Preston diffs and autos, my diffs been going for ages and im really supprised it hasnt blown yet! I use to go thru them all the time but since preston has been doing them the diff's been awesome!
Prices and service are VERY good! + good guys to deal with and very caring for peoples cars...
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Thanks guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB2GO
A guy i know has just shortened a borg warner from a falcon that has the watts linkage mount on the diff cover, would be worth seeing if these swap straight over then you only have to fabricate the body mounts
That's interesting - do you know what model Falcon? Might be an old one from memory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burchenal
Running a Watts linkage will be interesting, adjustable lower/upper arms as well?
Take it your also thinking of running adjustable front lower A-Arms?
Hey Matt! Eventually, yes. Stock arms front/rear and panhard for a while, then Watts and adjustability like crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAS-747
Preston diffs and autos, my diffs been going for ages and im really supprised it hasnt blown yet! I use to go thru them all the time but since preston has been doing them the diff's been awesome!
Prices and service are VERY good! + good guys to deal with and very caring for peoples cars...
Thanks Gas. I had a quick word with them, but have had people steer me away from them. They seemed ok, although the prices on billet (axles, gearsets) seemed pretty expensive.
Anyone tried Keysborough Diffs? Had them recommended, but I've also read some undesireable things about them too.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5spdvl
That's interesting - do you know what model Falcon? Might be an old one from memory.
Definately an older one, will find out exactly
0 likes
28-07-09, 15:07 GMT+10#10 You're gonna get good and bad stories from everyone.
End of the day, if you're a decent customer willing to spend the money required, you will get good service. The problem is tight asses lol
0 likes
28-07-09, 15:09 GMT+10#11 my advice buy all the parts your self then take it to a diff shop pm eat 30t off here kurt very helpful top bloke he will give u the BEST advice that can be HAD on this forum
0 likes
28-07-09, 15:11 GMT+10#12 Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaph
You're gonna get good and bad stories from everyone.
End of the day, if you're a decent customer willing to spend the money required, you will get good service. The problem is tight asses lol
^^ Good point, very true. +1 for Preston Automotives.
0 likes
28-07-09, 15:48 GMT+10#13 Quote:
Originally Posted by ANK
my advice buy all the parts your self then take it to a diff shop pm eat 30t off here kurt very helpful top bloke he will give u the BEST advice that can be HAD on this forum
sorry but i agree with you again andrew
Go Kurt !!!
0 likes
28-07-09, 15:50 GMT+10#14 omfg your worse then a hot curry only you take more then 12 hours to pass threw the system
ps stop calling me by my name your not my mate its ANK880 :P
0 likes
28-07-09, 15:51 GMT+10#15 currys and beer............ yum
0 likes
28-07-09, 16:01 GMT+10#16 Quote:
Originally Posted by 5spdvl
Firstly, I really didn't want to start a thread like this.
But I'm having a hard time getting decent recommendations on the above; a lot of conflicting stories.
I want to hear from people in Victoria who've had big diffs built; be it drag, circuit, 9", BW78, whatever. Please don't ruin the thread by slagging each other/shops off.
I want a built BW78 using a Kaaz 28 spline 2 way LSD centre for circuit racing, with apirations to eventually modify it for a Watts Linkage. Must hold 300rwkw plus.
Please help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.
Rowse racing, the same guys did my cage, and have done the diff thats in it, probabl know a bit about teh watts linkage also, Tim used to run an ex level 1 v8 in the konica cup series, pretty sure they would have been running the watts linkage in that.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
28-07-09, 16:17 GMT+10#17 Ank and aus are on the money.. Ask Kurt (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/member.php?u=7869) and i'm sure if he can't do it or if you prefer a vic shop he'll be able to point you in the right direction...
In saying that, only ever heard good thinks about preston diffs and auto's as well..
0 likes
28-07-09, 16:18 GMT+10#18 G&J Diff's in dandy do a good job and cheap
0 likes
28-07-09, 16:55 GMT+10#19 I think the ef/el might have a watts linkage on the diff hat
0 likes
28-07-09, 16:56 GMT+10#20 will a watts link affect his dose?
0 likes