Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
ADELAIDE APRIL CRUISE AND GO KARTING!
DATE CHANGED Will now be on the 18th April SUNDAY
Time Start T.B.A Aprox 1ish?
The other day Wayne Joey and myself were talking about when we are having the next cruise and talking about a bit of a karting session.
So we decided that whether or not you do or don't want to come we are going to go for a Kart anyway as Wayne feels hes a good go-karter. So i told him i promise id whoop his azz.
So at this point in time there is no firm date set. It will be next month as there's a fair few events going on in SA at the moment. I was thinking either the 4th a Saturday or the 5th the Sunday.
Lets have a Vote on date. I will need to know numbers. I dont want to hear yea im coming if your not! As i have to book the track
Im making the executive decision that we go to Go karts go at Pooraka. I went there the other day and i feel that they are the quickest and best track locally in SA.
As for the cruise i think as its down north maybe we do another long freeway stint to Barossa and back to the Karts. Probably start at Bunnings Parafield or along those lines so we stay bunched up....
Theres about 15 karts so we can do one or 2 sessions. Its $25 for 10mins and i think from memory gets cheaper if you do 2 sessions.
Let me know if your interested. I want to have firm numbers by late march.
The INTERESTED list :
XCHASE
WEEZY
JOEYVL
BLINK ?
TURBZ
PROVLA
TUBBED1 ?
NSN PWR ?
VNSSLUVA
87vl30e
PIMPNVL
PROVLA
TUXEDO
HBYPO30A
SEANSVL
0 likes
I'll be there.
Keen on doing it on the Sunday if possible.
0 likes
you knw im down , and any day steve dusnt bother me .
0 likes
I am down,
Just remember though, last time we organized a CT Go Karting Event, myself and Jeff lost a few hundred bucks, as people pulled out.
0 likes
There will be atleast 5 of us that are 100% going. So it won't be a total failure
0 likes
Cmon matt no need to be negative straight off the rank, Glad your happy to come along. Hope to see you there. Whens your car going to be ready?
I wont be paying for **** up front. I
0 likes
Car wont be ready by then, taking a bit longer than expected tbh.
Not meaning to be negative, just a warning .
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Ill probably still be fishing in tassie sat and the earliest i could get off work sunday would be around 2pm, So if its after that i might come.
0 likes
I know what you mean Matt. Cheers. What are you fisting in tassie.? No time is organized yet Josh. Just sussing it out. After lunch meet could be a possibility for cruise then Kart.
0 likes
11-03-09, 22:30 GMT+10#10 Im working the sunday btw, Saturday would be best.
Either way I will try my best
0 likes
11-03-09, 22:51 GMT+10#11 I'm interested but not reliable. Sat's I may or may not be working and Sunday earliest I can do is after 3. Story might be different in April though so I won't commit to anything Karts would be a laugh!
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
11-03-09, 23:15 GMT+10#12 Hey id be keen for this, any day is alrite wateva ya's plan, would be good to meet a few of ya's...
0 likes
11-03-09, 23:20 GMT+10#13 yea sounds good, id like to bring out my new VL (joeys old one).. im not fussed what day its all good probably wouldnt be down for the go karting, but heaps keen for a cruise...
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
11-03-09, 23:42 GMT+10#14 Sounds good 2 me hopefully car should be finished in next few weeks......hopefully!!!
0 likes
11-03-09, 23:49 GMT+10#15 Quote:
Originally Posted by ando05
Sounds good 2 me hopefully car should be finished in next few weeks......hopefully!!!
about time man , looked real nice when i saw it about 3months ago lol
0 likes
12-03-09, 13:11 GMT+10#16 possibly interested on the sunday, will have to confirm closer to the date and hopefully the car is ready
0 likes
12-03-09, 17:26 GMT+10#17 tis keen, bring it biatches pretty sure ill have the lightest kart i only weight 62kg ill be jockey weight if i diet till then
0 likes
12-03-09, 18:06 GMT+10#18 LoL well You have more on You than I do, 58kg skinny kent. Why not do a Grand Prix? $50 a head, 10 lap warm up and I think its 2x 20 Lap races & a 10 Lap grand final?? Thats at Kart Mania tho.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
12-03-09, 18:18 GMT+10#19 Ok boys heres the website link
http://203.88.117.25/~russell/index....ge=adelaide-sa (http://203.88.117.25/~russell/index.php?page=adelaide-sa)
At double your weight boys im a bit like Donkey Kong! So when i get going watch the f.Uck out!
0 likes
12-03-09, 18:30 GMT+10#20 would be good to do somthing like this
Time Trial Fever
Minimum 10ppl $40pp
2x10min ride each
1st 10min ride is practice session
2nd 10min ride is timed session
Plaques given for 1st, 2nd and 3rd fastest laptimes
Approx time: 45min-1hr
Mini Bathurst Enduro
Minimum 12ppl $50pp
Team racing, Just like bathurst
2 or more drivers per team
Each driver gets: 1 x 10min practice, 1 x 10min qualifying and 1 x 10min stint in the race
Best Qualifying time out of the 2 drivers in each team sorts out the grid positions for the race
Race is Single file start with 10min stint per driver with pitstops and driver changes where we dont stop the race (eg 2 drivers per team = 20min race, 3 drivers per team = 30min race ect.)
Plaques given for 1st, 2nd and 3rd placings.
Whole track is shut down so your group is the only group on the track for the time you are here.
approx time 1.5-2hrs
0 likes