Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hey everyone I just recently got a VL in august. I have looked around various forums and Vl groups and what not, I found this one so I decided to post a few pictures up.
Here Goes
Features
It has a stock 5l engine auto trans
Extractors, Two Half inch exhaust with a 3" tip
17" rims
The springs have also been chopped (this was done by the guy I got it from)
3 Clarion Amps in the back. 12" pioneer sub, 4 speakers in the back 2 pioneer 2 Orion. 2 pioneer speakers in front with 2 tweeters
Replaced the stock steering wheel, I dont have that Woodgrain one anymore either threw that way soon as i could. Il have to update the picture of the new one when i get some time.
Has a really really bloody dark tint on it, still legal but makes night driving fun
.
Future Plans
I plan on replacing the stock air filter with a bolt on k&N one and replacing\
the springs so that it doesn't scrape the **** out of the wheels when people are in the back or going around a corner to fast. Maybe add a body kit and hood scoop.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
No bonnet scoop looks f_ckin clean bro leave as is. (i swear i know that car park) is it near the zoo
0 likes
nah man its near this park in bayswater just off guildford road before king william. its known as the pit when it gets wet people come down to do burnouts down that way. just trying to remmeber what the park is called.
0 likes
Added Some more pictures, It now has VB seat Covers (bogan appeal+1) and its a little dirty. I have ordered the letterbox grill, so il have to take a few more pics for that.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
how does it go on the chopped springs bro. i was thinkin about it but mines on 18z probly be ruff ride
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.MAXPOWER
how does it go on the chopped springs bro. i was thinkin about it but mines on 18z probly be ruff ride
mate we will go for a spin one day and il show you. lol Its ok i guess but you feel every bump every pot hole, and cant have more than 3 people in the car, So you just have to take heaps of car on the speed bumps and stuff like that. But after awhile you know where all the bumps potholes dips ect are so you can avoid that, if you make a sharp turn it scrapes the wheels though.
0 likes
Just went to auto pro today to get a few vacuum lines. A few had holes and others where just cracked and like exploded. So Here is some new pictures also got a picture of my new steering wheel I got. After I finished the job i took her to the car wash and got her all shiny again. That big white dot looking thing isnt paint damage its a butterfly that got caught in the picture.
Oh 5spdvl Im not so sure on what the exact name of the colour is but I think It may be called Imperial Blue though its not entirely certain.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Can you please read out the exterior paint code on you compliance plates on your firewall, between the air filter cover and fusebox in the fourth photo?
For example:
Paint: 2B059-D (for Imperial Blue)
It will be something like that. Also interested in what year your car is.
0 likes
24-10-08, 15:32 GMT+10#10 that steering wheel is so much better. nice project what are the long term plans?
0 likes
24-10-08, 20:45 GMT+10#11 Thanks everyone for the support, well my current plans are to get the interior up to scratch possibly find some grey interior kicker panels, had no luck so far , got to some how figure out how to secure the dash and everything more securely as most of the plastic clips and what not are broken.
Im currently looking at getting a bolt on k&n open air filter on it, that will replace the stock one that you see, to hopefully get a little more airflow. Then thinking of getting the injectors on the carby cleaned out and serviced so she runs a little nicer, So basically getting her all up to scratch before I do any major things on it.,
Body wise I ordered a letter box grille through ebay and recieved that today got a quote from the painters to color match it for me and just patch it up a tiny bit, only $60 which is not to bad. In theory I am thinking about some kind of body kid for the front or maybe a hood scoop kind of thing, but first i want to have abit more grunt in it to back up the appearance,
5spdvl I havent forgotten you, the car is a 1987 Vl executive with a 304 5L V8, 3 speed auto All according to the vin calculator.
Paint is 2b047-d
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
28-10-08, 17:22 GMT+10#12 Just recently Got some work done on the old girl, Replaced the plate that protects the oil sump as she was pretty banged up, Changed all the oil spark plugs all that kind of stuff. Finally straightened the steering wheel which is good and makes a heap of difference, I also Sourced a new transmission oil cooler from work, its an old coil out of an air conditioner, this thing is HUGE so just have to clean her up a little and install her. My letterbox grille will be painted tomorrow, So il post some pictures of that.
[IMG]http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp205/Tunzbig
/25-10-08_0951.jpg[/IMG]
Messed the post up, Mod could you tidy it for me, thanks
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
29-10-08, 16:24 GMT+10#13 You'd be better off with a flat transmission cooler; that thing will probably need an extra litre to fill up!
It's cubic, so it'd designed to work with a fan. Better off with a flat one.
BTW, your paint is 29L (2B047) Dark Blue Metallic Paint - Exterior - Eucumbene Blue 1986, 1987
0 likes
29-10-08, 18:13 GMT+10#14 Thanks Mate, good advice, Il still not certain on what cooler I want yet, I think il take your advice and look for a flatter one. Thanks for the info on the paint to good thing to know the exact name hey. Got a new Air Filter Housing Today to, Letter box grille will be here friday
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
18-12-08, 15:13 GMT+10#15 Looks mighty similar to my old BT1. Sure its a 87 cause its VERY close to what mine was but mine was a 88.
0 likes